“Extremely diligent, hardworking and responsive” – Legal 500
Our highly skilled Construction and Engineering team has a wide range of experience in dealing with standard and bespoke contracts. We are highly adept at dealing with developers, banks, contractors and professional consultants in all sectors, including residential, retail, leisure, transport, energy and civil engineering. Our accomplished team have a unique ability to truly understand the challenges and complexities presented by construction projects where a number of interests have to be accommodated.
We assist our clients with everything from project inception to completion, as well as:
- Initial procurement advice, project structure and joint ventures
- During the tendering phase
- Project finance
- During the operational phase with contract and risk management and insurance
- Advice during the construction phase, including corporate compliance, health and safety and employment
- Representation in dispute resolution throughout the project and after practical completion in the TCC, arbitration, adjudication, meditation and settlements
- Defects issues following practical completion and third party rights
Representative Construction Sector Experience
Examples of our team’s construction sector expertise include:
- Advised developers in the building contracts and consultant appointments for the design and construction of additional floor/s to create duplex/penthouse apartments on existing London properties for projects in Soho Square, Lowndes Square and Berkeley Square.
- Advised developer/solar energy suppliers in the Turnkey Contract for the design supply and installation of roof mounted solar energy panels and associated construction work at various sites and key supplier and sub-contracts for same.
- Advised a well-known food producer negotiating NEC engineering contract for the design and construction of a new food production plant and facility.
- Drafted and negotiated subcontracts and development obligations in applicable licence agreements for the construction and installation of temporary accommodation facilities for security staff and MoD during the London Olympics.
- Advised on residential development work ranging in value from £1 million to £30 million includes acting for developers in the conversion of central west end London offices into luxury apartments and town houses in Portland Place, Bedford Street, Buckingham Gate, St James’s Street and Craven Hill Gardens.
- Advised the shareholders of Ronacrete (Far East) Ltd on its £18m sale to Sika AG.