“Extremely diligent, hardworking and responsive” – Legal 500
Mergers & Acquisitions
With many years of experience advising clients on their M&A needs, our specialist team is ranked by the Legal 500 as one of the leading M&A teams in the City.
We regularly advise on acquisitions and disposals of private companies, public companies, businesses and assets; as well as on MBOs and MBIs. Our team has extensive experience in acting for buyers and sellers of privately owned businesses.
Whether acting for buyers or sellers, we take the time to understand the nuances of each transaction we advise on and employ our expertise to devise a deal strategy that’s appropriate for delivering that transaction to our client. In advising on M&A deals, we draw on experts from other practices within the firm including banking & finance, real estate, employment and intellectual property.
Much of our M&A work has a cross border element. This has seen us gain extensive overseas experience in the legal aspects of international transactions and cross-border issues. We have built up strong working relationships with firms around the world, including through our membership of Alliuris, a global network of international law firms.
Representative M&A Experience
Our team’s mergers & acquisitions experience includes:
- Advising Guggenheim & Partners in connection with the acquisition of Lazard Capital Markets International, a household financial services company based in London.
- Advising the shareholders of Periproducts Limited, a dental care products business, on its sale to Venture Life Group Plc.
- Advising the shareholders of CloserStill (the UK’s fastest growing international media and exhibitions business), on its sale to Inflexion Private Equity, in a deal where the management re-invested in the company.
- Advising Total Logistics, an independent logistics and supply chain consultancy, on its acquisition by Accenture.
- Advising the shareholders of C4L Group Holdings Limited, a network services and data centre hosting business, on its £20M sale to Selection Services Investments Limited, a subsidiary of AIM listed Castle Street Investments Plc.
- Advising the shareholders of System Analytic on the sale of the company to FTSE listed WPP plc.
- Advising Alba Mineral Resources plc on the acquisition of various assets from Angus Energy Ltd.
- Advising on the up to US$200M sale of a US privately held media company MediaLink to a FTSE 250 company, Ascential PLC.
- Advising the founding shareholder of UAB Palink, a major grocery retail chain in Lithuania, in the €213M sale of Palink to ICA Gruppen (a leading Swedish grocery business).
- Advising Onexim Group (Russian private equity investment company) in the US$16B swap of shares of Norilsk Nickel for shares in United Company Rusal Ltd.
- Advising Onexim Group (Russian private equity investment company) in the US$500M acquisition of Renaissance Capital.
- Advising Patni Computer Systems (Indian IT company), on its US$800M takeover by a US and Indian tender offer made by iGate Corporation.
Recommended in the Legal 500 for Mergers & Acquisitions.