“Extremely diligent, hardworking and responsive” – Legal 500
Private Equity & Venture Capital
We advise private equity investors, high net worth angels, family offices,management teams, founders, start-ups and growth companies seeking funding on all aspects of private equity and venture capital transactions; including seed and series funding (including EIS and SEIS funding), subsequent funding rounds, debt financing, buy outs, add-on acquisitions and exits via trade sales and IPOs. Whilst we advise on deals across a number of industry sectors, we have particular experience in advising on private equity and venture capital deals and investments in the technology, retail, restaurant, finance and healthcare sectors. We provide specialist advice on:
- Structuring the relationships of founders
- Structuring the transfer of intellectual property from founders and other parties to the company
- Start-up investment
- Funding rounds
- Deal structure
- Pre-contract documentation (including confidentiality agreements and heads of agreement)
- Investment documentation (including investment agreements, disclosure letters and articles of association)
- Due diligence
- Intellectual property
- Employment and employee benefits, including service agreements and share options
- Exit strategies
Our multi-disciplinary approach means we work collaboratively with other practice areas of the firm to ensure every angle of a transaction is carefully assessed, planned and executed. We regularly draw on expertise from our banking & finance, employment, real estate, commercial and intellectual property teams to assist on advising on private equity and venture capital transactions.
Representative M&A Experience
Our team’s private equity &venture capital experience includes:
- Advised a private equity firm in relation to a multi-million Series A investment into a fintech company.
- Advised a consortium of private investors in connection with the acquisition of significant interests in the Babaji Pide and Park Chinois restaurants, established by renowned restaurateur Alan Yau.
- Advised a financial services company in relation to a significant investment by a private equity fund.
- Advised a restaurant group in relation to a significant investment by a private equity fund.