Our highly experienced, Partner-led Dispute Resolution team take a robust and hands on approach to resolving commercial disputes. We are quick to get to the heart of the issues affecting our clients in order to act swiftly and effectively to protect their interests, whether through the courts or via arbitration. Whatever the nature of the dispute, our clients receive expert guidance and advice to help bring their matters to a favourable and cost-effective conclusion, including by the use of alternative dispute resolution methods such as mediation and expert determination.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Commercial Contract disputes
- Real Estate disputes
- Partnership, Corporate and Shareholder disputes
- Professional negligence
- Defamation, Privacy and related claims
- Insolvency-related matters
- Banking and Financial Services disputes
- Intellectual Property
- Data Protection
- Regulatory and Corporate Investigations
- Fraud and Bribery
- Commercial Agency disputes
- Matrimonial and Family proceedings
Our dispute resolution team's experience includes:
- Acting for the principal defendants in very high value English High Court proceedings (which were also the subject of parallel proceedings in the US Federal and State courts) concerning the interpretation of a complex commercial agreement.
- Acting for a leading manufacturer of household goods in relation to a significant safety enquiry in relation to one of its products.
- Acting for an overseas bank in relation to the registration and enforcement in England of a judgment it had obtained against an individual with UK assets, including obtaining final charging orders over property and shares.
- Acting for a company in connection with preference and undervalue transaction claims threatened against it by a liquidator.
- Acting for a post-production house in a dispute with a production company concerning alleged breaches of contract concerning a television series.
- Acting for an offshore film fund on a claim for the repayment of a multi-million-pound sum following a breach of trust.
- Acting for well-known sporting institutions in enforcing their ticketing terms and conditions.
- Acting for the successful claimant in a claim concerning financial derivative products (worth over $ 700 million).
- Acting for the successful claimant in an ultra-high value international trust dispute.
- Acting in unfair prejudice petitions as both Petitioner and Respondent, including in respect of an international sports rights agency worth approximately €50 million.
- Acting for claimants and defendants in numerous fraud and corruption matters and world-wide freezing injunctions, and in particular in relation to the Bribery Act and The Proceeds of Crime Act.