Robin is a commercial litigator with extensive experience of international fraud and private client disputes. His experience includes several multi-billion pound disputes as well as claims involving sovereign wealth funds and governments.
What the directories say - Legal 500 2021 edition:
“Robin Pickworth is really stand-out. One of the best solicitors I have worked with. Engaged; hard-working; commercial and very bright. He would fit right into the dispute resolution team in any top firm in the City”.
"I have worked closely with Robin Pickworth. We were adverse to each other in a very hostile and volatile situation. Normally I end up despising the lawyer on the other side but although he was tough as nails, he won my respect as an excellent lawyer – he is also unflappable and a pleasure to deal with".
“Robin Pickworth is hard working, very sensible towards recommendations and costs, highly structured and impressive knowledge”.
Robin Pickworth is “excellent”, “highly skilled”, “impressive” and “gets on very well with clients”.
Representative experience includes:
- Commercial Fraud - he has acted in ultra-high value alleged frauds in the banking, pharmaceutical, natural resources and public sectors, usually in the Commercial Court. His cases routinely involve world-wide freezing injunctions and issues arising under the Bribery Act and Proceeds of Crime Act.
- Shareholder and company disputes - he has extensive experience of shareholder disputes, including unfair prejudice petitions, as well as partnership and joint venture disputes.
- Arbitration - he acts in both litigation and arbitration, and his arbitral experience includes ultra-high value professional negligence dispute in the accountancy industry.
- Finance and banking - he has acted in several financial disputes including achieving what is understood to be one of largest ever judgments in the Gulf Region (worth over $ 700million), in respect of financial derivative product. Robin has also been seconded to a private equity house.
- Insolvency – he has acted across insolvency issues, including as an external administrator of a foreign bank in a multi-billion $ alleged fraudulent scheme which involved multi-jurisdictional litigation over several years.
- Commodity disputes - he has acted in many international commodities disputes – usually in the Energy and Natural Resources sector - including advising on termination rights, hardship clauses and the enforcement of restrictive covenants in the mining industry.
- Private client and trusts issues - his experience includes a multi-billion $ offshore trust dispute and advising on asset protection strategies. Robin often acts for high net worth individuals, and his experience ranges from defended (in the Commercial Court) an alleged multi-million £ unpaid gambling debt, to various ultra-high value auction disputes.
Robin has spent a considerable part of his career acting on disputes in Middle Eastern and African jurisdictions and routinely manages cross-border disputes. Prior to joining Kerman & Co, Robin worked for two high profile City practices.
Robin is named as a recognised lawyer for Commercial Litigation work in the 2021 edition of the Legal 500.