Our partner-led team has significant experience acting in a wide-range of complex, high value disputes across multiple-jurisdictions, both prosecuting and defending claims.
We have a long-established track record of successfully advancing our clients’ interests while proactively managing risk and protecting their reputations.
Our expertise covers the full extent of the litigation process, from risk management and pre-action advice through to obtaining and resisting interim orders (injunctions), trial, proceedings in the appellate courts and enforcement.
We proactively use alternative dispute resolution methods to resolve our clients’ disputes, including mediation and expert determination. We work with litigation funders in appropriate cases.
We are involved in a broad range of contentious issues including: banking and financial services, commercial contracts, company and shareholder disputes, insolvency-related disputes, commercial agency, regulatory matters and corporate investigations.
Our commercial litigation team's experience includes:
- Acting for the principal defendants in very high value English High Court proceedings (which were also the subject of parallel proceedings in the US Federal and State courts) concerning the interpretation of a complex commercial agreement.
- Acting for a leading manufacturer of household goods in relation to a significant safety enquiry in relation to one of its products.
- Acting for an overseas bank in relation to the registration and enforcement in England of a judgment it had obtained against an individual with UK assets, including obtaining final charging orders over property and shares.
- Acting for a company in connection with preference and undervalue transaction claims threatened against it by a liquidator.
- Acting for a post-production house in a dispute with a production company concerning alleged breaches of contract concerning a television series.
- Acting for an offshore film fund on a claim for the repayment of a multi-million-pound sum following a breach of trust.
- Acting for well-known sporting institutions in enforcing their ticketing terms and conditions.
- Acting for the successful claimant in a claim concerning financial derivative products (worth over $ 700 million).
- Acting for the successful claimant in an ultra-high value international trust dispute.
- Acting in unfair prejudice petitions as both Petitioner and Respondent, including in respect of an international sports rights agency worth approximately €50 million.
- Acting for claimants and defendants in numerous fraud and corruption matters and world-wide freezing injunctions, and in particular in relation to the Bribery Act and The Proceeds of Crime Act.