Our banking and finance lawyers provide efficient, reliable and pragmatic advice across a number of industry sectors ranging from real estate and natural resources, to retail and life sciences. We regularly act on behalf of banks, financial institutions, corporate borrowers and high net worth individuals. They rely on our knowledge and expertise to support them through each stage of the transaction process and to help them achieve their short and long-term objectives. Our experience of acting on behalf of both lenders and borrowers on finance transactions enables us to quickly identify problems (often before they arise) and formulate workable solutions for our clients. It is this pragmatism that enables us to deliver a seamless, efficient and cost effective service to our clients.
Our banking & finance lawyers advise on a range of financing matters including:
- Corporate lending
- Cross guarantees
- Debentures, mortgages, guarantees and other security
- Facility agreements
- Invoice discounting
- Loan agreements
- Property acquisition, investment and development finance
- Refinancing and debt restructuring
- Senior and Mezzanine finance
- Subordination and priority
Our team's banking and finance experience includes:
- Acted for Lloyds in the amendment and restatement of bilateral facilities to a major retailer.
- Advised Investec on providing financing to the purchaser of German real estate from Isle of Man liquidators.
- Advised Targetfollow Group on a £400m refinancing with HBoS.
- Advised London & Central investments on a £10m refinance and development facility from Nationwide.
- Advised AIB Dublin on a secured sterling trade finance facility for a UK borrower.
- Advised on two separate refinance and development facilities from a Luxembourg based lender, for student accommodation in Nottingham and Leicester.
- Advised a leading food retailer/manufacturer on construction finance transactions: (i) £13.5m senior debt facility with RBS; (ii) £5.5m Lombard asset finance; and (iii) £6m invoice finance with RBSIF.
- Advised a recruitment group on their re-finance transaction with Lloyds, replicating the existing invoice finance facility terms which were in place across all of the new group companies, in anticipation of a group re-organisation where assets were transferred intra-group. This involved new security documents relating to the cross-guarantees, the corporate guarantees and putting fraud warranties in place.
- Advised the borrower on an £8.25m Islamic finance facility under a structure known as a commodity Murabaha facility. The Islamic finance facility was provided by the London branch of a well-known Middle Eastern Bank.
- Advising a life sciences company on the granting of a multi-million pound loan facility to a joint venture partner, as well as on the related security.
- Advising a convenience food production company on a multi-million pound senior debt facility, asset finance facility and invoice finance facility, as well as the related security arrangements.
- Advising a utilities management company on loan agreements with multiple lenders and the related security arrangements.