Formerly a partner at each of Hogan Lovells and Dorsey & Whitney, Peter has more than 30 years’ transactional and advisory experience in capital markets, M&A, venture capital and corporate governance.
Peter’s clients have included a variety of domestic and multinational corporations, financial institutions, investment funds and entrepreneurs. His practice has ranged from emerging growth industries (including financial technology, pharma/biotech and online consumer businesses) to emerging markets (such as Russia, India, China and Eastern Europe).
Peter is qualified as a solicitor in both England (in 2007) and the United States (1985), with degrees from Harvard College (political science) and Georgetown University (law).
Peter is named as a recognised lawyer for M&A, Equity Capital Markets and Projects, Energy & Natural Resources work in the 2021 edition of the Legal 500.
Representative M&A experience includes:
- Advising on the up to US $ 200M sale of a US privately held media company MediaLink to a FTSE 250 company, Ascential PLC.
- Advising the founding shareholder of UAB Palink, a major grocery retail chain in Lithuania, in the €213M sale of Palink to ICA Gruppen (a leading Swedish grocery business).
- Advising Onexim Group (Russian private equity investment company) in the US $ 16B swap of shares of Norilsk Nickel for shares in United Company Rusal Ltd.
- Advising Onexim Group (Russian private equity investment company) in the US $ 500M acquisition of Renaissance Capital.
- Advising Patni Computer Systems (Indian IT company), on its US $ 800M takeover by a US and Indian tender offer made by iGate Corporation.
Representative Capital Markets experience includes:
- Advising SAB Miller in multiple bond offerings totalling in excess of US $ 80B in proceeds.
- Advising Optimal Payments Plc (now Paysafe Group plc) in a £450M rights issue, listed on the London Stock Exchange and sold to US investors in a Rule 144A offering.
- Advising Mirland Development Corporation Plc on its US $ 293M placing and admission to the AIM Market and sold to US investors in a Rule 144A offering.
- Advising Numis Securities Limited on the £135M placing undertaken by Clinigen Group Plc and admission to the AIM Market.