“Very good at resolving issues; they know how business works in the real world” – Legal 500
Our award winning, Legal 500 ranked, Capital Markets team has a wealth of experience advising on IPOs, secondary fund raisings and other equity capital markets transactions. We are particularly strong in the mid-market where we advise on a range of capital markets transactions including pre-IPO fundraisings, IPOs on the London Stock Exchange’s Main Market and AIM market, secondary fundraisings, rights issues, private placings,reverse takeovers, migrations from AIM to the Main Market, and de-listings.
The team regularly acts for companies, selling shareholders, sponsoring banks, underwriters, Nomads and brokers. We work closely with our clients and their other professional advisers to ensure that capital market transactions are achieved in an efficient and cost effective manner. As well as advising on IPOs, we advise listed clients on their ongoing requirements, including secondary fundraisings, corporate governance, compliance, acquisitions and disposals, takeovers and schemes of arrangement. We advise across a number of key industry sectors including natural resources, minerals and mining, commodities, technology, finance, life sciences and healthcare.
Our experienced team has successfully completed transactions for both domestic and international issuers in over 50 countries and territories across the globe. It is supported by partners from our banking & finance, corporate, dispute resolution, employment, real estate and restructuring practices.
Representative Capital Markets Work
Our team’s capital markets experience includes:
- Advised the selling shareholders of a U.S. LLC in connection with the LSE and English law aspects of a sale of the LLC to the FTSE 250 constituent company for a cash-and-consideration totalling up to US$207M.
- Advising Metal Exploration Plc on its placing to raise US$57.7M to fund the construction of a gold mine and an open offer to eligible shareholders.
- Advising Applegreen Plc on the English law aspects of its application to dual list on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange and ESM of the Irish Stock Exchange and contemporaneous €91.7M placing.
- Advising European Metal Holdings Ltd, a BVI incorporated company admitted to the Australian Stock Exchange, on its fast track dual listing to the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange.
- Advising Optimal Payments Plc (now Paysafe Group Plc) in a £450M rights issue, listed on the London Stock Exchange and sold to US investors in a Rule 144A offering.
- Advising Mirland Development Corporation plc on its $293M placing and admission to the AIM market, which was sold to U.S. investors in a Rule 144A offering.
- Advising Numis Securities Limited on the £135M placing undertaken by Clinigen Group plc and admission to the AIM market.
- Advised United Oil & Gas on its admission to the standard list of the Main Market.
- Advised Vale International Group on its admission to the standard list of the Main Market.
- Advised AIM-quoted Empyrean Energy PLC on the return of cash (approx. £17.5 million) to shareholders following the sale of its Sugarloaf AMI Project.
- Advising Sierra Rutile Limited in connection with a Rule 144A offering into the US$35M.
- Advising Cameroon oil producer Victoria Oil & Gas Plc on its institutional placing to raise to raise £23M.
- Advising China National BlueStar (Group) Co, Ltd. in relation to its US$1BN two-tranche investment-grade bond offering and subsequent perpetual bond offering in Hong Kong.
Recommended in the Legal 500 for Equity Capital Markets Transactions.