Our team has extensive experience in advising clients on the entry into, operation and termination of joint ventures and strategic alliances across the globe. Our expertise has been gained through advising clients on complex, high value projects ranging from large-scale property developments in the UK, to the creation of sophisticated medical devices in the US and Europe to the establishment of barter businesses in Asia.
Whatever and wherever your business need, you will be able to rely on our experience and expertise to ensure that your legal and commercial interests are protected and your risks mitigated. We advise on all types of joint venture arrangements including shareholders’ agreements, partnership agreements, profit share agreements, licencing agreements and distribution arrangements. In doing so, we take the time to understand our client’s objectives, the risks involved and key commercial points. We consider the problems that might arise during the course of the venture and advise on appropriate mechanisms to protect against them. This approach allows us to apply a clear and focused strategy from the outset which is customised to the circumstances at hand. Our corporate team is supported by teams from our banking & finance, real estate, employment, intellectual property and commercial practices.
For international matters, we work closely with members of Alliuris (an international alliance of sophisticated and trusted business law firms, of which we are the UK member) to provide seamless international service to our clients.
Our joint venture team's experience includes:
- Advising Access Fertility, a nationwide IVF treatment provider, on its financial services joint venture with Merchant Money.
- Advised Onexim on its joint venture investment in Renaissance Capital.
- Advising the Yoo Group on its investment with the Frasers Property Group on a £131M mixed-use tower scheme in Vauxhall, London.
- Advising several property development companies on joint ventures relating to the development of student accommodation throughout England, ranging in value from £30M to £65M.
- Advising a UK based medical device manufacturer on a joint venture arrangement with a US based medical solution provider.