We have been advising on all aspects of family life for over 50 years. We have an excellent reputation for handling divorce and separation cases, civil partnerships and private law children disputes. Over the last decade and as family law has evolved, a major part of our practice is now advising upon prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. These agreements continue to have a significant impact on the outcome of many cases and are now considered to be an essential requirement for clients who have assets or family business interests to protect, before or after marriage.
We assist clients from all walks of life and at all stages. Many of our clients are business professionals, sportsmen and women, landowners, wealthy individuals, or their partners. They each have their own individual and family needs, and our bespoke service is tailored to meet the requirements in their personal and business lives.
Our approach is to seek the best possible outcome for you and your family. To do this we offer a full range of family dispute resolution services and tenacious litigation if necessary. However, most family law cases are resolved by negotiation and we pride ourselves on our practice and sensible approach. Where this is not possible and as the court system does not suit everyone faced with divorce or separation, we are happy to discuss alternatives such as mediation and arbitration.
Our team's expertise includes:
- Civil partnerships
- Divorce and separation
- Financial provision
- Pre and post-nuptial agreements
Our family team's experience includes:
- Preparing prenuptial agreements to protect significant business assets, personal assets, jewellery and works of art.
- Preparing post nuptial agreements to protect business interests and to prevent disruption to the company structure if divorce proceedings are instituted by a shareholder or director.
- Conducting arbitration proceedings for a high profile sportsman who wished to avoid the glare of publicity.
- Drafting and advising upon a Separation Agreement for clients who do not wish to apply for a divorce now.
- Advising and preparing for Children Act proceedings to calculate the maintenance required for the upkeep of a minor child and determining where the child will live and be educated.