The Natural Resources Team at Kerman & Co has significant experience in the mining and minerals, oil and gas and renewable energy sectors. The team has a history of success acting for listed and private resource companies with operations globally. We have an impressive track record of project managing international transactions and as such have developed strong relationships with many firms based in Africa, Asia, South America and other emerging markets. We are ranked in the UK Legal 500 Directory for Projects, energy and natural resources: Mining & Minerals and for Oil & Gas. We advise our clients on the following:
- Admissions to AIM and NEX Growth Market, share issues and takeover offers
- Private placements, secondary offerings and debt finance
- Joint ventures, shareholders agreements, licences, concessions, joint operating agreements and production sharing contracts, royalties and farm ins
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Litigation and arbitration in the mining resources and oil and gas industries
- Drilling and other offshore service contracts
- Pipeline construction
- Director, consulting and senior employee related issues
Our natural resources team’s experience includes:
- Advised Panthera Resources Plc on its 2.3m listing on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange. Panthera is focused on gold exploration and development projects in India and West Africa.
- Advised long-standing client Victoria Oil & Gas (VOG) in connection with its US $ 26.5m fundraising.VOG has pioneered onshore gas in Cameroon and has become a significant energy supplier in Africa.
- Advised an international mining company concerning a number of loan facilities with leading banks ranging from $ 75m- $ 500m.
- Advised an emerging market pure-play gold producer listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) in connection with its claims for breach by a gold mining company of a sale and purchase agreement for gold bearing sulphide pyrite concentrate for delivery to and use in a BIOX refining facility in Kazakhstan. The value of the claim was approx. US $ 10m.
- Advised as co-counsel in numerous arbitration and emergency arbitration proceedings taking place in the USA on behalf of a mid-cap oil and gas exploration and production company listed on the AIM exchange of the LSE. These claims all related to multiple attempts by the client concession partner to forfeit the company participating interest share in a valuable concession in Africa and to prevent further drilling in the exploitation license area. The value of the claims was over US $ 200m.
- Advised an oil and gas producer against a counterparty to a services agreement for breach of contract and termination of a production royalty, arising from the misrepresentation by the counterparty of the extent of its involvement in the delivery of the services outlined in the agreement. The value of the claim over the producing life of the concession could be tens of millions of US $ .