Jonathan Bruck is “exceptionally professional, knowledgeable and confident….provides exemplary service and advice” – Chambers UK
Our experienced employment team advise predominantly SMEs, large corporates and charities on a range of contentious and non-contentious employment matters.
We provide day to day legal advice to employers on a variety of issues, helping you to navigate these complex employment laws, so that you can effectively manage and resolve workplace issues. We have expertise in advising on all aspects of the law relating to the workplace. We’ll work closely with you to give the best advice along with practical solutions. To find out more, please get in touch. Our employment expertise includes:
- Advising on all day to day workplace issues
- Drafting standard and bespoke documentation, variation of employment contracts, service agreements and policy documentation for individual employees
- Redundancy and restructures
- Termination of employment, including at senior executive and board level
- Settlement agreements
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Representing parties in Employment Tribunal claims – including for unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistle-blowing
- Business transfers and TUPE
- Working Time Regulations
- Contractors, temporary and agency workers
- Post-termination restrictions and enforcing such restrictions in the High Court.
Representative Employment Experience
Our team’s employment expertise includes:
- Advised a national corporate in bringing High Court injunction proceedings to prevent an employee from commencing work for a competitor, in breach of restrictive covenants contained in her employment contract. The High Court issued an interim injunction and costs order in our client’s favour, preventing the employee from working for a competitor and recovering a sum towards legal costs. After the interim injunction order, we successfully negotiated a favourable settlement for our client.
- Advised a leading UK food manufacturer/supplier in relation to the exit of the Company’s Chief Executive Officer. This was a particularly complicated, high risk and high value termination, given the seniority of the employee involved.
- Advised a recruitment business on the TUPE transfer process, where over 30 staff were transferred into its business. As a result of us working closely with the client in careful planning, the process ran smoothly with a successful integration of the staff into the client’s business.
- Advised a leading events business in defending an Employment Tribunal claim brought by an ex-employee for religion and sex discrimination.
- Advising a global retailer on ad hoc day-to-day employment issues arising, including disciplinary and grievance issues when they arise.