“Expert, pragmatic and responsive” – Legal 500
Our experienced team advise on the full range of contentious and non-contentious intellectual property, advising clients of all sizes, from individuals and start-ups seeking advice on how to protect new brands and ideas, to FTSE listed companies and major multinationals involved in complex transactions and major litigation.
We have extensive experience of handling litigation at all levels of the UK courts, as well as managing multi-jurisdiction disputes and where necessary working with IP practitioners in other jurisdictions. However, an equally important aspect of our work is advising on effective brand protection programmes and the use/licensing of IP rights, to ensure that our client’s maximise their commercial advantage and prevent disputes arising.
Areas of expertise include:
- All aspects of dispute resolution; including design rights, copyright and trade mark infringements.
- Interim injunctive relief and enforcement of arbitral awards and court judgments.
- Domain name disputes and IT contract disputes.
- Strategic brand protection and portfolio management including; trade mark registration and agreements, copyright and passing off claims, IP licensing and image rights.
- IP focused commercial agreements.
- Confidential information and non-disclosure agreements.
- Corporate and individual reputation management, image rights, defamation, privacy and trade libel.
Representative Intellectual Property Experience
Our team’s intellectual property expertise includes:
- Advised one of the UK’s largest independent wholesale businesses on their trade mark portfolio, including brand protection and subsequent litigation flowing from that.
- Advised a global international magazine on their IP including clearances and enforcement requirements.
- Successfully advised The All England Lawn Tennis Club in registering green and purple as colour trade marks in the United Kingdom, which further protected and enhanced Wimbledon’s historic and iconic intellectual property.
- Advised The All England Lawn Tennis Club in its application to the World Intellectual Property Organisation to get nine domain names which infringed valuable intellectual property transferred from Ticketfinders International LLC to the client.
- Advised UEFA on in its application to the World Intellectual Property Organisation to facilitate the transfer of domain names which contained UEFA intellectual property transferred from an infringing third party to UEFA.
- Advised Yell.com on their data scraping work and injunction needs.
- Advised The Ryder Cup and PGA European Tour on the registration of various trade marks.
- Advised a number of furniture companies on their design protection, licensing and infringement.
- Advised a number of high profile global musicians on their trade mark and copyright requirements.