“Excellent reputation for global asset structuring….acts for clients from Russia, Asia and Africa” – Legal 500
Restructuring & Insolvency
Our restructuring and insolvency team advises distressed businesses, company directors, insolvency practitioners, lenders, creditors, investors and other stakeholders on all aspects of restructurings, workouts and insolvency matters.
For businesses in financial distress, we take the time develop a strategic understanding of the issues facing the business up front. We listen closely to the concerns of directors and assess the commercial imperatives of administrators and other office holders. We then deliver practical, timely and effective legal advice tailored to the circumstances at hand. Our advice covers the full spectrum of a distressed business’s needs – from negotiating the refinancing of debt and other rescue procedures, through to advising company boards and formal insolvency advice.
Our team also acts for lenders and other creditors seeking to proactively protect their positions and maximise returns; as well as for purchasers seeking to buy distressed assets or businesses. We have particular expertise in solvency issues relating to partnerships and limited partnership investment structures and in the special administration regimes created by the Banking Act 2009.
Given the international nature of our practice and client base, we regularly find ourselves involved in cross-border issues matters. In such instances, we can draw on the close support of our key contacts within the Alliuris global network of lawyers. We also draw on the support of our banking & finance, corporate, dispute resolution, real estate and employment colleagues as required. Our services to clients include:
- Board and individual director advice in distressed and insolvent situations
- Creditor representation and enforcement of creditor rights
- Board and individual director advice in distressed and insolvent situations.
- Debt refinancing
- Distressed mergers & acquisitions (M&A)
- Financial & operational reorganisations
- Formal insolvency procedure advice to debtors and office holders
- Solvent and insolvent liquidations and exits for corporates and fund structures
Representative Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency Experience
Our team’s corporate restructuring & insolvency expertise includes:
- Advised the nominees/supervisors on the CVA of a multinational oilfield developer.
- Advised the administrators and liquidators of Colliers International UK plc.
- Advised a London based lender in restructuring its distressed real estate portfolio across several EU jurisdictions.
- Advised a private equity investor on contingency planning for the emergency restructuring of its funds and advisory functions.
- Advised on the Banking Act special administrations of Maple Securities and Dunfermline Building Society.